This position has now been filled. Thanks to all who applied!
Are you passionate about using creative technology to help progressive causes? ShareProgress is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to lead and grow our Creative Tech department.
We work with social good organizations to brainstorm creative approaches to engage their audiences, then design and develop websites and web applications to implement these approaches. Our small team has accomplished an incredible amount in the last year, working with organizations like Vote.org, Greenpeace, NARAL, and MoveOn, and we’re now looking for someone to take the reins and bring us to the next level.
This position is full time and will be based in San Francisco.
- Driving vision and strategy for the Creative Tech department of ShareProgress
- Managing a small, but growing team of designers and developers (current team size: 3)
- Collaborating with our Marketing Director to build the Creative Tech brand
- Engaging in outreach to progressive organizations to bring on new projects
- Deep understanding and passion around using creative web technology to support progressive causes
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Strong desire to grow a top-quality web design/development team
- Comfortable with public outreach and promotion
- Supportive of professional development for team members
- Passionate about helping progressive causes
Nice to Have:
- Project management skills
- UX design experience
- Web design experience
- Web development experience
- Good QA skills
- Strong network in the progressive space
- You love the creative application of web technology to interesting problems. Maybe you’re a coder or designer yourself, or maybe you’ve just helped produce digital projects, but regardless, you’re fascinated by thinking in different ways about engaging with and mobilizing users online. You keep track of fun new ways organizations and companies are engaging online and would like to push the envelope yourself if given the chance.
- You’re energized by managing, growing, and developing a team, and you’ve done it in the past (whether it’s been a team of employees that report directly to you or a team of volunteers or interns you’ve worked with). Not only do you work well with others, you thrive by leading a team of individuals. You excel at transparent communication that helps the entire team stay on the same page and work together, and prioritize their development as a team and as individuals.
- You’re excited by the prospect of growing a client base. You may or may not have a business development background, but either way, you’re looking forward to hitting the pavement to find new creative tech opportunities and build on existing client relationships.
- You’re committed to having a career based on empowering progressive outcomes, working with all kinds of organizations to improve the quality of life for people around the world.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k retirement fund
- Flexible work environment
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Very positive team culture
Salary range is $70,000 to $90,000, depending on experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At ShareProgress, our mission is to help progressive organizations achieve success through the use of data and technology. Innovations in these fields have made it possible to organize and campaign more effectively than ever before, but most groups don’t have the knowledge or ability to take advantage of these advances. We help organizations like CREDO, Color of Change, Malala Fund, and the AFL-CIO harness these innovations for their work.
For us, progressive means more than just the political left. It describes any organization working to help and protect the less fortunate amongst us or to make life better for the population at large: improving our cities, protecting our environment, encouraging civic engagement, fighting for racial and economic justice, and providing training and opportunities for those who haven’t traditionally had access to them.